TOP RANKED FEDERAL CRIMINAL DEFENSE LAWYERS
At The Federal Defenders, we’re often mentioned as among the best federal defense lawyers in Phoenix, Arizona. That’s because our top-ranked federal defense attorneys have decades of experience working for and against the U.S. Attorney General’s Office. We understand how the United States Department of Justice operates and what it takes into consideration when it brings criminal charges.
We’ve seen just about every prosecutorial maneuver you can imagine and know what to do when we encounter them.
If you’re facing federal crimes charges in Phoenix, it’s in your best interest to consult with a proven federal defense lawyer you can trust. Facing federal crime charges alone or with an inexperienced attorney is a recipe for disaster.
The federal prosecutors will not take pity on someone because they have poor representation. Instead, the opposite is sometimes true. Indeed, prosecutors are more likely to take advantage of a weak federal criminal defense strategy by offering unfair plea bargains, using pressure tactics, and attempting to prosecute a case fraught with questionable evidence. Don’t get bullied. Get the best legal representation you can afford.
Whether you’re under investigation or already facing federal crimes charges in Phoenix, working with a top-ranked federal crimes attorney can make a significant impact on the outcome of your case. Call us today at 1-(800) 712-0000.
The Best Federal Defense Attorney in Phoenix
We can confidently proclaim that we are among the best federal criminal defense attorneys in Phoenix because of our experience, knowledge, client reviews, and record of success. When you work with the top-rated federal defense lawyers at The Federal Defenders, you can expect:
- Dedication to Our Craft: At the Federal Defenders, federal criminal defense isn’t just our occupation. It’s our passion. Our Phoenix federal crimes lawyers have spent most of their lives dedicated to fighting for justice, freedom, and equality for all, and we’re just getting started.
- Hands-On Experience: A dirty secret within the legal industry is that most attorneys don’t have actual hands-on experience defending against federal crimes charges. You don’t have to worry about that with The Federal Defenders. Combined, we have over 100 years of law enforcement experience, more than 50 years of prosecution experience, and experience working with top federal law enforcement agencies like the FBI.
- A Team Approach: While each of our Phoenix federal defense attorneys has impeccable credentials, we don’t fight federal criminal charges alone. We work together as a team. Whether your case requires an expert witness, expert testimony, or unique insight, The Federal Defenders are prepared.
- Unrivaled Knowledge: Both Paul Padda and Michael Humphries have years of experience working in the U.S. Attorney’s Office. We also have a former Chief Judge on staff in Tony Abbatangelo. We’re prepared for every strategy the prosecution can conceive.
- Results: The caliber of federal criminal defense lawyer you hire in Phoenix will significantly impact the outcome of your case. No federal crimes attorney can guarantee success. However, we can guarantee hard work, honesty, unmatched experience, and the dedication to work for the best possible results under the circumstances.
Federal Criminal Defense Lawyer in Phoenix For Fraud Charges
Federal fraud crimes are among the most commonly prosecuted federal criminal offenses in Phoenix. Individuals who commit fraud are subject to state and federal penalties. Our federal defense attorneys have experience dealing with all types of federal fraud charges, including but not limited to:
- Federal Mail & Wire Fraud Charges
- Federal Computer and Internet Crimes
- Federal Counterfeiting Charges
- Federal Credit Card Fraud Cases
- Federal Identity Theft Charges
- Federal Healthcare & Insurance Fraud
- Federal Mortgage Fraud
Your response to federal fraud charges in Phoenix will play a major role in the eventual outcome of your case. Fraud charges can be complicated to navigate without the help of an experienced attorney. Contact The Federal Defenders today. We can help.
Federal Criminal Defense Attorney in Phoenix For RICO Charges
The Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations law (RICO) prohibits individuals from participating or making money from organized crime.
That includes activities perpetrated by the mafia, gangs, and other criminal enterprises (including legitimate businesses involved in criminal activity).
Individuals found guilty of federal RICO charges face lengthy prison sentences, high fines, and potential restitution payments.
If you’re under investigation for federal RICO crimes in Phoenix, you should know that the prosecution will exhaust every resource (they have unlimited resources) to garner a conviction. That includes enlisting agents from the DEA, FBI, ATF, IRS, and state agencies to gather evidence to build a compelling case against you. RICO charges are complicated and require knowledge of multiple state and federal statutes. If you’re facing RICO charges in Arizona, contact The Federal Defenders today.
Federal Drug Crimes Lawyer in Phoenix
Under The Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act of 1970, the U.S. government classified illicit drugs into five Schedules.
Individuals convicted of federal drug crimes in Phoenix can expect mandatory minimum sentences, exorbitant fines, and many more penalties.
A few of the most commonly prosecuted federal drug crimes in Phoenix include but are not limited to:
- Federal Drug Trafficking Charges
- Federal Drug Manufacturing and Distribution Charges
- Drug Crime Conspiracy Charges
- Protected Locations Offenses
- Simple Possession
Federal drug crimes charges can be challenging to navigate without the help of a skilled federal defense lawyer in Phoenix. Our dedicated federal drug crimes attorneys have helped countless clients mount a solid defense to federal charges. We’re confident that we can do the same for you.
Federal Sex Crimes Attorney in Phoenix
The state prosecutes most sex crimes. However, many sex crimes violate Phoenix laws and Federal laws. In that case, defendants may face charges on both levels.
Federal sex crimes are taken very seriously. If you’re currently facing allegations of sexual misconduct, abuse, or exploitation, you need a skillful federal sex crimes attorney in your corner. Some of the most common sex crimes charges filed in Phoenix include:
- Federal child sex charges (i.e., child sexual abuse, child pornography, sexual exploitation of a minor, etc.)
- Federal cybersex crimes
- Federal Human and Sex Trafficking Charges
- Federal Kidnapping Charges
- Federal aggravated sexual abuse charge
Suppose you’ve been charged with federal sex crimes and subsequently arrested. In that case, it’s recommended that you act as quickly as possible to retain a qualified and experienced federal sex crime defense attorney in Phoenix.
Phoenix Federal Criminal Defense Lawyer For Assault
In some cases, federal assault charges can be brought against individuals due to where the assault occurred. If you commit assault on any property of the U.S. government, you could face federal assault charges. Some of the most commonly prosecuted assault crimes that happen on federally owned property include:
- Assault with intent to commit a felony offense (including murder)
- Assault with a dangerous weapon
Additionally, those who commit assault against a federal officer or federal employee face federal assault charges and harsh penalties. In many cases, defendants accused of committing assault either didn’t do it or committed the act out of self-defense. While both are valid claims, they (and other criminal defense strategies) can be difficult to prove without the help of an experienced federal assault defense attorney in Arizona.
Federal Criminal Defense Lawyer For Immigration Violations in Phoenix
Non-citizen immigrants who are charged with federal crimes face excruciating penalties. If convicted, non-citizens must serve their prison sentence and then prepare for deportation immediately after release.
Our criminal immigration attorneys in Phoenix have an in-depth understanding of immigration and criminal laws. We can handle your criminal charges and immigration status concerns simultaneously.
If you’re a non-citizen immigrant facing federal charges in Phoenix, working with a proven criminal immigration attorney gives you the best chance at freedom and staying in the U.S. for as long as possible.
Penalties For Federal Crimes
Convictions for federal crimes often carry harsher penalties than state crimes. That’s generally due to the U.S. Sentencing Commission’s Voluntary Sentencing Guidelines. Federal judges must consider the federal sentencing guidelines when imposing penalties, but they are not obligated to follow them exactly. In some cases, a federal judge may impose harsher penalties than recommended. The exact penalties levied against individuals convicted of federal crimes in Phoenix depend on the crime, criminal record, and many other factors. Generally, if you’re convicted of a federal offense, you face the following penalties, but not limited to:
- Lengthy prison time
- Expensive fines
- Potential restitution payments
- Potential loss of firearm rights
- Lifelong criminal record
Hiring a skilled federal defense lawyer in Phoenix offers defendants the best chance at reduced penalties, reduced charges, and potentially dismissed charges. Contact us today.
Federal Criminal Appeals Lawyer in Phoenix
If you or a loved one has recently been convicted of a federal offense, but you believe that the ruling was unjust and/or unlawful, you may have a strong case for a federal criminal appeal.
However, appealing a federal conviction is not a simple task. It usually requires the skill and savvy of a veteran federal appeals lawyer in Phoenix.
That’s because most of the federal appeals process is conducted in writing.
Furthermore, an appeal is not a re-trial. Rather, the federal criminal appeal process in Phoenix allows the United States Court of Appeals to review your case for legal errors made by the United States District Court for the District of Arizona.
Get A 5-Star Criminal Defense With the Federal Defenders
When you’re up against the U.S. Attorney’s Office (which has virtually unlimited resources), you need a skilled and experienced federal defense lawyer in your corner.
Our federal criminal defense lawyers in Phoenix have decades of experience defending against erroneous charges, spotting weak prosecutorial evidence, and advocating for our client’s rights. We’ve litigated cases of all kinds in Washington, D.C., Phoenix, Las Vegas, Chicago, Los Angeles, and many other cities.
If you’re currently under federal investigation or federal criminal charges, the longer you wait to hire an attorney, the more of an advantage you give the prosecution. Contact the Federal Defenders today. Call us 1-(800) 712-0000. We can start building your 5-star federal criminal defense strategy today.